We are Filipino.
We are NEXT UP!
Filipino Americans are where Latinos were decades ago demographically. It's time to flex our power and be counted!
By voting, we can:
- Be heard with a united voice
- Be visible to the mainstream
- Promote our issues and interests
- Build genuine political power
- Pave the way for future generations of Filipino Americans
FILVOTE is FASGI's non-partisan voter engagement project whose mission is to unite Filipino Americans across ideological, religious, and class differences toward gaining genuine political power in the U.S.
Since its creation in 1996, FILVOTE has registered over 25,000 Filipino American voters in LA County, held multiple candidate fora and conducted voter behavior research. In 2000, FASGI partnered with AFL-CIO to implement a national FILVOTE project.
FILVOTE has 3 Opportunities:
- California's share of eligible Filipino American voters nationwide (45% based on Census 2000)
- Filipino Americans make up the 2nd largest Asian group in CA (based on Census 2000)
- The increased attention on California due to state's primary election in February (as opposed to June)
Join us! FILVOTE needs volunteers and supporters statewide. Help us register, educate, and turn-out 57,000 Filipino American voters statewide!
For more information, call 1-888-FILVOTE.
Balitang America, FASGI team up
for FILVOTE 2008.
Click here for the full story.